Thursday, September 1, 2011

New Routine

WELL, school has started again. (For how many consecutive years of my life have I been saying this? Seriously. Too many.)

Summer vacation, though a brief three weeks, was a beautiful time of doing nothing but visiting with people that I love. And I started running again, which is ALMOST to the point where it feels awesome, but not quite there yet. My body's is still whining. But it's starting to remember.

This semester is SHWAY less busy than the first. The summer semester was a whirlwind of adjusting to a new city, new school, unclear expectations, and a new kind of studying. (Not to mention a rigorous, accelerated schedule.) But now I'm past all that. I know the bus route, how to prepare for class, and how to study (maybe not that last one quite yet). I enjoy my roommates and my neighborhood. The initial adjustment is done. Now, it's a new set of cool things to learn and do. It's great. It's almost like the change of seasons, which I know is about to begin as well. There's just a different feel in the air.

The change of a new routine is refreshing and revitalizing.

And God is good.


a haiku:

subtle hints of change
whispered by the verdant leaves
summer sun stands by

//LB//

No comments: