Monday, June 20, 2011

Letter in the Mailbox

Handwritten letters are the best. today I got home and checked the mail slot by the front door (something I do multiple times a day, even on Sundays and bank holidays), and FINALLY there was mail for me. a personal letter from my dear dear friend. On one page, as sort of a benediction, she wrote this to me:

"I hope that in the midst of studying and being surrounded by expectations - real and imagined, others' and your own - that you can step outside and remember who you are: A beautiful child of the King. Remember what you've seen in life, the faces of those who have touched your life and of the lives you've touched. And whether you are treating pressure sores, studying pathology, talking with a classmate who's freaking out over assignments, or enjoying a quiet moment in the sun - that you do it all to the glory of God, basking in His call over your life and His strength to see you through. That you will be free from stress to love all of the people that He brings into your path with the same love He has shown."

And then she went on to tell me that I bring joy to her heart. :-)

Even better than getting mail in the oft-empty mailbox is having a friend who loves you through and through. being known, weaknesses and strengths and all, is a beautiful thing.

I hope that her hopes for me can become reality.

//LB//

No comments: