Tuesday, August 7, 2007

just for a little while

every so often, there are glimpses of awakening...
the swish of wind in the trees as the breeze carries the summer's sweetness,
the strum of the guitar with just the right rift, the song fills every corner of your being.
the man in the moon still smiles.
a memory convinces the inside to come out, a tear finally falls.
all the wrongness still seems right, just for a little while everything's okay.

1 comment:

Footprints in the sand said...

I love this. Lauren, I love you! I miss you, and talking until we both fall asleep.
The Kingdom, it's like a mustard seed. Or, like Shane Claiborne put it, like kudzu (check out the vines lining the mountain next time you drive down) it starts out so small; but it spreads. It spreads despite conditions, climate, and effort to surpress it. God is moving. It's enough to know, He's using the miniscule and weak and building somthing HUGE and BEAUTIFUL.
Happy Tuesday!